1. Scope and Purpose of Policy
2. Changes to Policy
3. Collection of Personal InformationWhen you are asked for information while on this website, you are sharing that information with Beiersdorf, its parent, and its various affiliates and sister companies, unless specifically stated otherwise. As a result of that sharing, you may receive communications from any of those Beiersdorf affiliates. In addition, some services offered by Beiersdorf through this website are provided in conjunction with third parties with which Beiersdorf has a business relationship. If your Personal Information is being collected by a company other than Beiersdorf, you will be so notified at the time that the process for the collection of that Personal Information is initiated. If you do not want to have your Personal Information so shared, please do not elect to use the service or facility for which that Personal Information is collected.
4. Collection of Other Types of InformationFor some activities, your web browser or client software may transmit certain geographic information or information regarding your computer to Beiersdorf. Beiersdorf may use that information to generate aggregate statistics about our user community and may provide that information to advertisers and other parties with whom Beiersdorf has a business relationship. In addition, Beiersdorf may use any such information for security, system integrity (the prevention of hacking and other improper or unlawful activities), or enforcement purposes.
5. Security of Personal Information
6. Use of Personal Information
Pixel Tags, also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, are an invisible tag placed on certain pages of the Site but not on your computer. When you access these pages, pixel tags generate a generic notice of that visit. They usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular computer visits a particular page. The Company uses pixel tags for Site analytics, site crawling across the Company’s network of sites and to serve you more relevant Content and ads based upon your historical behavioral patterns. If you turn off cookies the pixel tag will simply detect an anonymous Site visit.
8. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Beiersdorf may need to disclose items of your Personal Information to third-party vendors to fulfill product orders or prizes, to process mailings, or to process, analyze, or store data on Beiersdorf’s behalf. Those third parties are not authorized by Beiersdorf to use or disclose your Personal Information for any purpose other than for use in connection with the provision of services designated by us or the delivery and processing of orders for goods. Beiersdorf will take reasonable measures to have those third parties maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Personal Information they obtain from it.
9. Transfers of Personal Information
The Personal Information you provide to Beiersdorf may be transferred as an asset in connection a merger or sale involving all or part of Beiersdorf or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change of control. As part of its business operations, Beiersdorf may transfer Personal Information to recipients in countries that do not provide the same level of legal data protection as the country from which you access our website or services. By using Beiersdorf’s website or services, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information and to the processing by Beiersdorf of that Personal Information.
10. Management of Your Personal Information
At the time you provide personal information, Beiersdorf will give you the option of declining any future offers or information about new products, promotions, or services. In addition, many of the messages that Beiersdorf may send you, including electronic newsletters, have procedures within them to cancel the receipt of similar information in the future or later editions. You may also be given the opportunity to “opt out” of certain features or functions.
11. Personal Information Collection of Children
12. Contact Us
If, for any reason, you are concerned about the way we are using your Personal Information, or you would like to correct or request that we delete any item of Personal Information, please contact us.
45 Danbury Rd
Wilton, CT 06897
13. California Privacy Rights
Under California law, if you are a California resident, you have the right to request that we do not share your Personal information with third parties for use in direct marketing by them to you. To make such a request, please write us at:
45 Danbury Rd
Wilton, CT 06897
A.B. 370 Notice (California residents): Our website does not honor “do not track” browser settings. Third parties such as advertising networks may collect information from your use of our website.